Tuesday, January 24, 2012

LACK-ity LACK


I was sidetracked from weaving recently by the need to re-organize my space. My weaving space needs to do double duty as a guest room. The room is 12ft by 14ft. I have two floor looms -- a 45" LeClerc and a 36" Harrisville -- plus a desk. The guest part is an xtra-long twin bed along with a small side table. I wanted to give guests a little more elbow room so I decided to trade a free-standing shelf unit with some wall mounted shelves.


Since I have alot of storage space 8 feet up, my long term plan is to mount shelves high on each of the walls. The first installation is the IKEA LACK style floating shelfs and wall mounted units. IKEA has a number of choices for small spaces and wall mounting. I originally was going to do narrow free-standing units. But I like that the LACK shelves have open sides so that the cones can overflow. The first high shelves are now mounted above the closet. These are very convenient for large and seldom used cones...well maybe more convenient when I get a bigger stepstool!


No comments:

Post a Comment