Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cotton Chenille Boundweave Rug

cotton chenille boundweave
I started weaving more when I got hooked on rugs.  First it was rag rugs. Then I took a class with the wonderful and talented Jason Collingwood.  His class took me from cotton warp and rags into linen warp and wool.  In addition, I learned precious technique tips.

Recently, I decided I needed to try Boundweave rugs.  I had been reading Clotilde Barrett's "Boundweave" and it seemed natural to try the sampler in the book by making some rugs.  I am using a cotton rug warp with 3 strands of cotton chenille as weft.  Since I expect at least 10% shrinkage from the weft I chose a 36 inch width.

I have finished one rug.  I am trying a variety of color sequences as per the sampler from the Barrett book.  Doing on-the-fly 'design' is quite stressless!  Even though boundweave is slow, it is satisfying to watch the patterns emerge.




No comments:

Post a Comment